What does a productive day look like? Maintaining a routine and planning ahead will save you time and help manage stress.
- Despite common belief, multi-tasking is not a more efficient way to work. Pick one task and work until it is completed then move on to the next item on your agenda. This will help you focus better and keep the quality of your work high.
- Take regular breaks, stand up stretch, go make a cup of tea or step outside for some fresh air this will clear your mind and help you re-energize and focus.
- Use time management software to help you stay on track.
- Expect the unexpected. Despite the most diligent planning, there will always be unexpected tasks that crop up. The key is to be able to know how to prioritize your tasks well and be able to go with the flow.
Scheduling and to-do lists
Figuring out how to fit your work in around meetings, phone calls and constant interruptions can seem like mission impossible.
- Stay focused on one thing at a time
- Tackle the biggest task first
- Clear your emails at least once per day
Project and Team management
- Make the brief clear
- Keep meeting short and to the point
- Have a daily team check-in
- Evaluate your progress
Include Deep Work time in your day
- Make time to hyper-focus
- Embrace boredom
- Focus on the important stuff
Maintain a work/life balance
Book in downtime
- Get active
- Get enough sleep
- Find your zen – try meditation or yoga
- Utilize Visualization and mood boards
Implement software to help you work more efficiently
- Launch apps on startup
- Create templates for as many tasks as possible
- Utilize tools like grammar checkers and email plugins to help you work smarter not harder.
Hardware tips and tricks
- Add a second monitor
- Get a headset
- Get a good quality mouse and mousepad
Workflow and business process management
- Organize your data
- Train your staff
- Whenever possible automate
- Regularly review and improve your processes
For a more in-depth info download our Ultimate 8 step productivity guide here
Related Tag: IT Services Gold Coast